Hebrew Israelite

Friday, April 22, 2005

Part 3

“Man, ain’t nobody falling in love. I been done told you I’m done wid all dat mess!”
At the end of the statement, Margoles and Nadia waved 2 fingers in the air and snapped twice. Both of the women collasped into giggles, and Margoles leaned into Damon’s chest. She put her hand out to steady herself while at the same time caressing his chest muscles. He leaned into her touch and cocked an eyebrow up at her.
“I know what you’re doing”, he said.
“Trying to make sure I don’t fall is all”, she replied, laughing at being caught out there.
,“Hey Nadia, Sam the Man is up next!”
“Dammit! If that retard tries to kiss me in the mouth one more time, I’ma clock his ass!”
Nadia began to shake the drink mixer vigorously. The action made her ample buttocks bounce seductively under the mini dresses that she favored. She was the most famous barmaid in Harlem, her bodacious behind was a star attraction at 22 West. Not to mention she had a beautiful face to match. A weava diva, Nadia’s blond streaked brown hair could be found in spirals, crimps or a straight windblown style depending on the season of the year. Her outfits were always low cut, high cut and brightly colored. Lime green, sunshine yellow and flurescent fuschia made her resemble butterflies from the Bronx Botantical Garden in springtime. Nadia’s attitude matched her attire; she flitted among her customers with a crackley cadence in her stiletto heels behind the bar.
“What you think he’s gonna sing M?”
“Girl does it really matter? He gonna wild out on anything he sings!”
Damon quickly realized that he was losing Margoles’ attention. “Hey! Maybe you girls are being a little too harsh on a brother”, he said and he looked toward the makeshift stage. Sam the Man was a sight to behold. Dressed in a silver jumpsuit (ala Mase in the Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems video) with a large utility belt, Sam had on huge brown Timberland construction boots that looked like they could be on Shaqille O’Neal’s feet. To top off the outfit he wore a large red hunter’s cap with the flaps down and the strings hanging. Damon had to stare at the spectacle; it was his first time experiencing Sam the Man. Sam was approximately 5 feet tall, with large coke bottle glasses. At the first glance it could be determined that he was slightly off. As in mentally challenged. However, 22 West was an equal oppurtunity bar, if you came to have a good time and didn’t cause any trouble, you could enjoy yourself no matter what your disability or mental state. As Sam waited for the screen to queue up, he began to give background history on the song he was about to sing.
“Luther Vandross!”, he shouted, “1983! And this is dedicated to all the fine young ladies in here. Nadia! This is for you!”
“Damn!” Nadia moaned, “Now I know he’s gonna come over here afterwards. And why is this fool singing Lufa?”
“Chile, you know Sam think he can sing anything! At least they’ll turn up the music loud!” Margoles laughed as she leaned over to get her drink. “We’ll sing it here at the bar and we won’t even notice how he’s gonna decimate the song.”

“Decimate? Wow, the pretty girl has a large vocabulary.” Damon smiled and handed Margoles a napkin for her drink.
“Yeah, I’m an English Literature major in school.”
“You like to read?”
“Everything I can get my hands on. I’ll even read the back of a toothpaste tube.”
Damon threw back his head and roared. “Now that’s funny! Hey, I like this song he’s gonna sing. Never Too Much, right?
“Yeah, It’s one of my favorites.”
“So lets sing it together.”

The beat was catchy and they looked at each other with soft eyes. Heads bopping, they started singing.


“I can't fool myself, I don't want nobody else to ever love me
You are my shinin' star, my guiding light, my love fantasy
There's not a minute, hour, day or night that I don't love you
You're at the top of my list 'cause I'm always thinkin' of you

I still remember in the days when I scared to touch you
How I spent my day dreamin' plannin' how to say I love you
You must have known that I had feelings deep enough to swim in
That's when you opened up your heart and you told me to come in


Oh, my love
A thousand kisses from you is never too much
I just don't wanna stop


“I have to stop”, Margoles thought, “Nadia is right…You can fall in love at the bar!”

“I’ll be back, I’m probably coming up again soon.”
Damon stopped singing and looked at her and said, “You leaving me already? I haven’t had a chance to show you the rest of my talents!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home